Facilities and Activities
Our staff are highly qualified early years practitioners creating a learning environment that is full of opportunities for children to thrive and develop to their full and individual potential. This happens through play and playful teaching.
Pixieland has an extensive range of learning environments, each of them designed to promote independence to strengthen and challenge the children as individuals whilst developing them in the different areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Our preschool room provides various different learning experiences that motivate and teach the children for their future. We focus on numeracy, knowledge and understanding of the work, history, music, movement and literacy.
- Our creative space where children can explore and engage in activities through the use of materials and resources that include gluing, paint, water, sand, rice, corn-flour, and gloop to name but a few.
- Our sensory room consists of bubble tubes, fibre optic lights, light projectors and interactive sound machines.
- Pixieland’s role play area provides the children with a calm area, allowing them to develop their preferences and forms of expression as they mimic everyday life using equipment that they use at home and are familiar with.
- Our outdoor space and garden are safe and secure with a variety of different areas to play in. The Saltash branch has its own nature trail in which the children can have stories and exploring time. The garden supports gross motor activities with bikes and scooters. The children also have an area to play with flowers as well as their own fruit and vegetables.
- We have a purpose-built soft play area in our Saltash nursery with ball pool, slides and soft play.
- Animal Man
- Fire brigade
- Road safety
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Graduation for the school leavers
- World Book Day – Dress up as book characters
- Fundraising – Children in Need, Red Nose Day and Sports Relief
- School uniform day
- Colour days
- Teddy bears’ picnic
- Sports day
Cultural / Celebrations
- Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day – events for mum and dad as well as cards and gifts created by the children.
- Valentine’s Day – cards and gifts for the children
- Children’s birthdays – Children are made a cake to eat with their friends
- Easter – Easter parades, bonnet parade, Easter egg hunt
- Harvest Festival – harvest donation to the elderly and/or food banks
- Halloween and bonfire night – dress up and face painting
- Eid – activities and visitors
- Diwali – activities and visitors
- Christmas – Cards and gifts as well as Christmas lunch and parties
- Christmas productions
- Chinese New Year